Saturday, March 21, 2009

Son, She Said, Have I Got a Little Story For You

As per usual, lots of things to catch up on. But first, for those of you paying attention, you may recognize the title of this blog as a line of lyrics from Pearl Jam. I'm so excited that they are re-releasing their album, Ten, this week. It's 2 CDs and a DVD with extra tracks. Pearl Jam got me through college...I remember listening to them all the time. Parsing songs with my friend, Kerrie. Joking about my upcoming marriage to Eddie Vedder, which obviously didn't happen.

And as I was typing this, my actual husband told me he doesn't like Pearl Jam. I need a moment to catch my breath and recover from the stroke he just gave me.

Okay, better now!

Anyway, I'm pumped for the purchase. And speaking of the early to mid-90's, I just reconnected via Facebook with a great friend from college. Amazingly, we are now in the same geographic area, shop at the same grocery, travel the same roads, etc. Small world getting smaller. Anyway, after a week of saying hi and swapping messages and funny comments, we started chatting and, surprisingly, it was like the 13 year absence didn't exist. When you are blessed with a good friend, there is a natural ebb and flow. Easy conversations, a shared sense of humor, similarities that go beyond coincidence. I'm so glad we've crossed paths again. The conversations we have had recently made me remember how much fun we've had in our past. I hope that continues. We always need friends, don't we. Even if that friend picked Siena over my beloved Buckeyes in their bracket, then had the nerve to actually be correct in the pick. Painful! And, if you're reading this, I look forward to paying off that bet.

Dave has a big birthday this week! He turns 40 on Thursday, and, unlike me, seems to be handling it with grace and ease. I'm sure I'll cry for a week before mine, but that is a ways off. That's the bonus of marrying someone much, much older! Okay, it's only 5 1/2 years older, but still.

Speaking of birthdays, my blogger friend, Julie, has a birthday tomorrow. Be sure to stop by and wish her a Happy Birthday!!! Julie is one of the funniest people I have ever met. If you aren't familiar with her blog, please take some time to read it. Her take on life is refreshing, humorous, and, at times, poignant, but always spot-on! Happy Birthday, Julie! I hope your birthday is fabulous. And if you can stretch your celebrations into a week, then I will be truly impressed.

My dad's birthday is next Sunday, so I'm sure by the end of this week, I'll have eaten enough cake to fulfill Marie Antoinette's wish that started the French Revolution.

Speaking of cakes (and good segues, thankyouverymuch), I have signed up for a cake decorating class on Wednesday nights in April. My mom used to do this, and I have always thought it would be fun. Fingers crossed that I have the skills.

Hmmmm, what else.

I know a lot of people have been asking about Dave. He has not yet found a job in the Columbus area, but we are hopeful. It's been hard, but we are dealing with it. And we always appreciate the tips. If you hear of something, please let us know. It's obviously a bad market, and we are lucky that we are both securely employed. We have the ability to be patient.

My job is still just fabulous. I really enjoy what I do. I basically have conversations all day long. That is such a perfect job for a big mouth like me. I love to talk! And I do it so well. The clients I talk to are also great. They are friendly, and some of them are hilarious. Not a day goes by that I'm not completely cracking up on at least 2-3 calls during a day. Sometimes I wonder if my bosses are thinking I'm on a personal call. My favorites are the ones who call in and immediately tell me how warm it is in Florida or Georgia or Arizona or wherever it is they are calling from. Although March in Ohio can suck, we've had some mild and, dare I say, beautifully warm and sunny days. Spring fever abounds.

1 comment:

Julie D said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, darlin!!!!