Thursday, October 23, 2008

Curse you, Down Comforter!

I finally did it! I broke down and got the winter bedding out. I washed my jersey sheets and thermal blankets, rinsed them in the fabulous lavender-scented Downy and now have a bed that is ready for cold and crappy weather. I think it's the thing that depresses me most about the coming season.

That being said, I do love my winter bed! It's so cozy and inviting with it's fluffy down comforter and incredibly soft sheets. It begs you to hunker down and stay a while. Last March, when that awful blizzard came through, I spent most of that snowy Saturday in it, catching up on several months worth of magazines. It also makes it hard to get out of it on those super-cold mornings.

I hate winter. Why don't we just hibernate?

1 comment:

Julie D said...

I'm with ya on that one, sister. I can burrow down into that stuff like nobody's business.