Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Blog for my Best Friend

We all have at least one, right? A best friend. A person who has seen you at your very best, your very worst, and everything in between. Someone who takes the time to drop everything and chat with you about nothing, just because. For me, that's BJ. She's my very best friend. We've known each other since our freshman year of high school. We've been through it all together: dating, marriage, her pregnancy and childbirth, my constant job changes, everything!

Some people are blessed to live close enough to see their best friend on a regular basis. BJ and I are not that lucky. She lives in western Kentucky. I live in northeast Ohio. Before she moved there, she lived in Texas. We burn the phone lines, though. And when the opportunity arises, we are able to see each other. This weekend was one of those times. BJ, her husband and baby were up for the Quarter Horse Congress in Columbus, so I took an extra day off and had a long weekend with them. I got some cuddle time with their daughter, too, which is always a bonus!

Here is BJ doing what she does...I wish I knew more about it, but I just don't. But I am in awe at the wonderful life and career she has built for herself. Through thick and thin, she always sees the positive. She is a joy to me.



So this entry is dedicated to my very best friend, BJ, who reminds me to always look on the bright side, to live my life honestly, to love my husband with all my heart, and to embrace whatever comes my way.

BJ, I loved having three days to hang out with you. They were priceless. I cannot imagine my life without you as my sounding board, my cheerleader, my most sincere critic, and my calm before, during and after the storm.

2 comments:

Julie D said...

Yep, I have a BJ in my life too. Thank God for our sister-friends, eh?

Kim and Dave said...

Indeed! Where would we be without them?