Saturday, January 10, 2009

Excuse Me, Mother Nature? Please Stop.

As some of you know, I leave tomorrow to relocate for my new job which starts Monday. I thought I would head down around noon, but the 12-14" predicted snowfall may pose a bit of a problem. Unbelievable! I let Dave take the Explorer to New York, figuring he would need it more than me. Ummm, negative. They have nothing.

And the worst part is that I have to shovel the sidewalk and driveway. I haven't shoveled in a while due to my asthma and the fact that my husband is a stud. I'm thinking I need to wait for my neighbor to come out with his snow blower and hope that he takes pity on me. That would be nice, huh? As of 3 hours ago, we had received another 5 1/2".

But we're just getting started. And I am off to shovel the drive a bit. I figure I should do a little at a time, instead of trying to shovel all 12 inches at once. Thanks, Mother Nature. It's such a wonderful good-bye present from Cleveland.

1 comment:

Simi said...

i'm hating this snow also.. i'm up "north" for the weekend... for sure a reminder of why i'm in CBUS!