Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Can Last For a Week, Right?

Dave and I braved the horror that is I-71 from Cleveland to Columbus last Wednesday in order to spend Thanksgiving with my family. Can someone explain to me why the construction powers-that-be decided the day before a major travel holiday would be good to shut down 2 of 3 lanes for absolutely no reason? I wanted to find out where those jerks were eating their turkey on Thursday and then drive really s-l-o-w-l-y in front of them, delaying their arrival by 2-3 hours just to get even. Morons!

I figured we would stay through the weekend in order to help Gramma put up the tree and decorate, but I extended my stay a few days in order to bake Christmas cookies. We freeze them so they are wonderful on Christmas Day...otherwise, yuck! Too early. We also made buckeyes. The last time I made these was for my wedding 2 1/2 years ago, and we made over 400. This time we made a single batch and they were done so quickly. How I ever convinced my mother and gramma to help me with that project, I'll never know. And somehow I managed to escape putting them in the wrappers and boxing them up, not to mention assembling the boxes, and closing and sealing them. Thank God for my matron of honor. [Side note to BJ...you are the best and I didn't deserve the amount of work you put into that weekend!]

So now I'm getting home a week later and playing catch up with emails, phone messages and laundry. Anytime you get one-on-one time with Gramma, it's good. And yummy food! 7 days of yummy goodness. Thankfully her pantry is in the basement and I had to keep running up and down the steps.

So, what did I miss?

1 comment:

Julie D said...

Yum. Buckeyes. Must have.