My friend, Andrea, from Holdin' Mama's Hand has tagged me in a couple of different posts. So I guess that means I have to stop being so lazy and get a post up. When my mom tells me that she is bored with my blog, it's time to do something.
Today's assignment is to name 6 unimportant things that make me happy. Seems like a breeze, right? But I realized when I started the list that lots of things that make me happy are important. Things like seeing Dave (husband is definitely important) and time with my family (ditto family). So I figured I would have to dig a little deeper.
So here they are, my 6 Unimportant Things That Make Me Happy:
1. Orange soda, specifically Orange Crush or Sunkist. Not the yucky mandarin orange stuff. It reminds me of summertime as a kid. Great memories, especially those glass bottles they used to come in.
2. When my cousins call me Kimmy. Not everyone can get away with it, but my cousins say it so naturally. It makes me feel like I'm part of their little kid club.
3. Watching fireworks, specifically in Lyndonville, NY during the 4th of July celebration. Nothing better! Sure, there might be bigger displays, but for a small town with a focus on a family celebration, this is the best.
4. Reading blogs...I have a really long list of blogs I follow. I find them interesting and funny. And they make my day.
5. That moment of evening between dusk and dark. Twilight. The sky is so beautiful then, like a painting. Soft light, soft sounds, the day is drawing to a close. And now that summer draws near, the air cools a bit then and it relaxes me.
6. Getting into my husband's car, and smelling his cologne on the seat belt. It's like getting a hug from him.
Now I am supposed to tag others, but most of the people on my list have already done this. So...if you are reading this and have not yet written such a post on your blog, consider yourself tagged.
Friday Foto Fdump
13 hours ago